A Direct Sales Facebook party is a great way to add additional sales to your month. When it comes to party planning, the best way to be successful in your business is to get in front of people and that of course means booking parties. If you have kept up with my blog, you know that I strongly believe that group interaction is the best way to book more parties and of course allow conversation about people joining your team. However in this day and age, social media is something that all direct sales consultants should use in conjuction with the traditional party planning platform. Social media allows for more chances to bond with your teams, stay in contact with customers and even add virtual parties to your 2-4 in home parties you have on your calendar.
In 2013, Social Media has allowed more and more consultants to become very successful in party planning when having a virtual option was their only option. Direct Sales is an amazing business and allows people of all walks of life conduct their business according to what works in their life. More and more consultants are conducting Facebook or virtual parties to their calendar and having tremendous success. Of course, I don’t believe that anyone should have only Facebook events instead of home parties. I believe these events are a great addition and can engage a group of people that might not be able to attend a home party.
Here are some things you can do and tips to set up your Facebook Virtual Party:
1. Set up a Facebook Event. I strongly suggest making these events private, letting people know that they are by invitation only and then letting people know that if they want an invite to private message you. Some Direct Sales companies do not allow you to post offers or events so the best way to stay in Compliance is to keep these private. If your company does not have any of these policies in place, feel free to make the event public but you may have a group of participants who are only consultants.
2. You can create virtual parties and make yourself the hostess for your event or you can do this for other customers. If you have a customer who is the hostess, be sure to still send them catalogs and order forms so they can collect orders from people who may not be able to attend the event or who do not have Facebook.
3. There a couple of ways to do a Facebook event. You can keep it open where people comment in the event during a period of time such as a week or you can do an online event night where the event will take place for 3-4 hours. All guests will jump onto Facebook and spend time online in the event.
4. During the event, you as the consultant would hang out in the event. You can offer deals during the hour, play games, post prizes for anyone that orders during a particular hour. There are a variety of things to do. You can post pictures or packages you have. For example, if you have a combo pack, post on the event that anyone that purchases that pack will receive a free item with their order.
5. You can still conduct an Online Facebook party the same way you would a home party. You can tell a little bit about about yourself, posting it in the event. Type a little bit about the company, and then make sure you cover guests booking their own parties either online or in home and also information about the business opportunity.
6. For anyone that makes an online order, send a personal Facebook message to the guess thanking them for their order, providing tips on how to use the product they just bought, and asking their permission to add the guest to her newsletter list. In the event, I highly suggest posting who just placed an order and announcing a small gift they received for doing so. By starting her message with a value piece, she engages that guest, even though it’s virtual. If they do have a question, they now know how to contact her.
7. Post tips and ideas just as you would at a home party. Make jokes. Let people start having fun. Even though this is virtual, you can create a dialogue that is very easy to get people laughing and enjoying themselves.
8. Be sure to send follow up emails to every guest whether they order or not. This is a great way to being a relationship with custoemrs. You can let them know when the next Facebook party will be and really start a friendship . By doing this you will create loyal customers that could be around the country.
9. The best way to have these parties is to let people know that a name will be drawn from all the ordering customers. The drawn name will be considered the hostess and will earn all the hostess rewards for that party. How amazing. Someone will earn free and half priced stuff from their favorite company and they never had to leave the comfort of their home office. You simple take the orders, get the credit card payments and then whose ever name you draw becomes the hostess and gets to decide what they want free.
Facebook parties are a great way to add additional sales for the month to your business. These are great if you are having a slow month or need to get more interaction. Tons of people have a night where they aren’t doing anything but can’t necessarily venture out to a home party. Why not offer a virtual party where they can still buy their favorite goodies and possibly win the Hostess rewards.
Have you ever had a Facebook event? We would love to hear any tips you have or any addtional things you do to make your events amazing. Let us know. We want to hear from you.